Monday, June 15, 2009

Emergency kit in the garage

Tonight we were in the garage getting ready to put up our new mailbox. I noticed my auto emergency kit that Glenae had given to me for Christmas 5 yrs or so ago. The garage is not the perfect place for this as we experienced a couple of weeks ago.
We have been spending a lot of time in Kaysville the last month or so. So a couple of weeks ago, we went to a friends house for a bbq. We had some Halibut from Alaska that a friend brought back with him. It was a hit. On the way home, I was smelling something weird but thought it was the leftovers I was holding. Once we hit Lagoon, there was a weird noise. Once I told Casey to listen, the tire blew. Wouldn't you know it the spare was flat as well. We had to call our friends to bring us a pump for the spare.
If we had the kit from the garage, there would have been no need for help. Lesson learned. I wonder how long it will take us to get the kit into the car.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Glad things worked out okay - and at least now you know where the emergency kit is, right? =)

The White Family said...

That is true. I was laughing inside the whole time Casey was changing that tire.