Saturday, September 26, 2009

A week alone at home

This past week Casey and his hunting buddies have been doing their thing down in Monroe. This week has been busy for me with spending time with new and old friends and family. The first day Casey was gone, I was able to meet a dear new friend for lunch and had a wonderful talk. That night and the next day I was able to spend time with another dear friend and her 2 kids. Thank you, Karyn, for keeping me busy those 2 days. I went to see the movie, UP, and really enjoyed it. Thank goodness Casey and the boys were not there, they would have made fun of me crying in 2 places. I must have a little emotional that weekend because I saw Confessions of a Shopoholic with a couple of other friends and I cried in that one as well. What a boob, I know.
Braxton had 2 soccer games this week. The first one was against our rival LaRoca. Unfortuately, we lost to them 4 to 2. I took Braxton to Cutler's afterwards. Wednesday, we had a game against Impact Black. This game Braxton came to play and scored 2 goals. We won 8 to 0 and Braxton got the game ball. After the game, I had a wonderful dinner with Leslie and Karyn for Date night. While at dinner, I got a call from my best friend from High School, Lisa. She was in town for a conference and they were done about noon the next day.
So Thursday, I met Lisa and Tiffany at Gateway. After a little window browsing, we decided to go to a bigger mall to go shopping. We stopped by my house, and the car would not start. The battery has been slowly dying for a couple of months. We just have not bought a new one. My wonderful Father in Law came down and put the charger back on the car and allowed us to use his vehicle for the night. After a wonderful time shopping, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Thank you Lisa and Tiffany for letting me talk your ears off.
Everytime that Casey goes hunting, I always have one thing I would like to get
down in the house, usually painting a room. This years goal was clean up the downstairs so we can make a major DI run. So this morning I tackled the storage room. I can't believe the junk that we have collecting. I even found a box of smashed cans, who keeps those things? I found a binder full of letters between my family and I from the late 90s. I got a little side tracked reading some of those. It was nice to read what was happening in our lives since I can't remember a lot about my past.
Tonight, the wives are going to dinner and a movie. A good way to end 10 days of widowdom. An Elk was shot this morning, so hopefully the men will be coming home tomorrow. As much as I was excited to have the last 10 days alone, I am ready for Casey to be back. I also must admit, this should be our weekend to have the boys and I am missing them as well.

No comments: