Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life lesson

The last couple of days have put into perspective a few things that have happened in my past. Jordan has decided to come live with us. On Sunday when he mentioned it, I was panicking quite a bit. I have had 5 years for it just being Casey and me. The kids only being around here and there. Now my life is going to change quite a bit. Being the selfish brat that I can be, I told Casey that I was not going to be a 21 year olds maid. And also that he could not do everything with us. We needed to have our alone time as well. This scares me that things will change between Casey and me. However, it could be a good thing as well.
Holly, the kids mother, called Casey on Monday crying about this new development. This gave me an understanding of how it must have hurt my mother as one by one each of my siblings decided to live with our father at some point in our lives. My heart goes out to Holly. This has got to be pulling her apart right now. Especially with us not knowing how much longer we will have Jordan around.
On the flip side, it gave me some understanding as to what it must have been like for my Step Mother. When Krystal and I went to live with our father, Bet was almost done raising her 3 kids and now she was having to raise 5 more kids. This has given me a whole lot of understanding why she handled things the way she did.
I hope that I can handle this new challenge without too much craziness.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Amazing how past experiences can help us handle today's challenges. I think you'll do just fine!! =)