Monday, March 16, 2009

Our first Geocaching day










For a couple of years I have wanted to get a GPS so we could go do geocaching. So for Valentines Day Casey gave me a nice little Garmin Colorado. We looked up some spots a couple of weeks ago that were close to our house and had them loaded on the GPS. So after church we were going up to Casey's parents and we decided to look for one of them that was on the way. We had seen a picture of the area it was in so we went looking. It was fun to see how accurate the GPS was to where the thing was. There is no picture here of the first one we did, it was pretty small and you could only sign a piece of paper that was rolled up in the container. The boys loved it and wanted to do more. So later in the day, Zach, Braxton and I went looking for one that was only .3 miles from the house. I had a pretty good idea of where it was, I thought. So after walking a bit we came to be across the street from it and I picked it out right away. The first 2 pictures are of this one. Then we walked in the other direction from our house to another one that was only .3 miles from it. This one took a little longer because it was hidden under the dug out bench at a park. We had a ton of fun and will be looking for more to do. I am glad the boys enjoyed it so we can plan on this activity this summer.

No comments: